These terms and conditions apply to fundraising challenges promoted by West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity, and any event, activity or challenge raising money in aid of West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity.
For events organised by West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity, there may be additional terms and conditions when you sign up.
By taking part in a challenge or organising an activity to raise money in aid of West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity, you agree to comply with the following rules:
ABSEIL PARTICIPANT RESTRICTIONS
We will endeavour to prevent cancellation by checking WEATHER reports 24 hours before the event date.
We also reserve the right to suspend activities at any time if in its sole judgement it is unsafe or imprudent for it to continue.
We shall not be held responsible for any consequential loss suffered by the organiser either from cancellation or suspension of activities due to either weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. Participants cannot take part in the abseil if they are:
- Under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Under 14 years old (abseil event only)
For participants with any of the following they must seek professional medical advice before participating and sign a non-standard waiver:
- Aged 50 years or above
- High blood pressure
- Heart condition
- Suffer from dizziness or epilepsy.
- Damage to neck, back, spinal column, legs or eyes
- Prescribed medication, this must be disclosed at registration to inform us of how this may affect you
The following points apply to ALL participants:
- Participants aged 14 and 15 years old require a parent or guardian to be present, sign permission and will be required to complete a non-standard waiver.
- Glasses and hard contact lenses cannot be worn.
- The maximum weight limit for a solo participant is 120kg (18.9 stone).
- Waist harnesses fit waist size of 40cm (15.7 inches) to 125cm (49.2 inches)
- Our abseil provider Big Bang Promotions reserve the right to prevent any participant from taking part in the activity if they deem them unfit to partake.
- Anyone organising their own fundraising event, activity or challenge for West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity must be aged 18 or over by the event date, or have parent/guardian permission and supervision.
- Anyone taking part in an active challenge must be medically fit and participate in the activity at their own risk.
- You must not fundraise in a way that could be considered persistent or aggressive towards the public.
- The event, activity or challenge is your responsibility (including but not limited to all costs and liability). West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity is unable to accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for the event and the event is not covered by West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity. If appropriate, you will need to arrange your own insurance and will make sure that contractors and external facilities used can demonstrate evidence or the relevant insurance cover. You can find further advice on fundraising here.
- Fundraisers will only use lawful means to fundraise and will not bring the charity’s name into disrepute.
- Fundraisers are not authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf of West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity.
- Fundraisers will not use the West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity logo without first obtaining permission from West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity.
LICENSES AND PERMISSIONS
- You are responsible for ensuring you have the relevant licences for (but not limited to) the following:
- Raffles or prize draws will only be held if they are part of a fundraising event and/or if the fundraiser has read and complied with the legal requirements set out by the Gambling Commission and with permission from West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity.
- Selling alcohol at the event.
- Playing music in public.
- Food hygiene.
- You must obtain consent from the owner of any private property or land at which you choose to carry out your activity.
- Obtain prior approval from West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity before approaching any companies, press or celebrities to support your activity.
FUNDRAISING / SPONSORSHIP MONEY AND DONATIONS
- Fundraisers to make clear to those who support their fundraising that they are raising money “in aid of” West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity and any money raised will be used to improve the health and happiness of every patient in Hemel Hempstead Hospital, St Albans City Hospital and Watford General Hospital.
- All monies donated to West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity to be forwarded no later than four weeks after the event.
- Donations are not generally refundable, even if the event does not take place.
- For events where a registration fee is required, registration fees are non-refundable.
- For events with a minimum fundraising target, Gift Aid does not count towards the fundraising target.
- Only sponsorship forms issued by West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity to be used (unless otherwise agreed with West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity).
- Fundraisers to ensure they take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised until it is transferred to West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity.
- West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity may provide materials or items to wear as part of your activity. These items are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
By attending an event you agree to be photographed. We will be posting photos and videos of the event on our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages. Please do share your photos and videos on socials and tag @RaiseWestHerts
We would also like to use the photos for press and Trust communications after the event. If you would rather your photo wasn’t taken or shared please contact the charity team before the event.
- When taking part in fundraising activities or events, we may contact you regarding that specific activity. With your consent, we will contact you to let you know about further events, the impact we are making and to ask for donations or other support.
- We have not, and will not, sell or share personal details with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- If we run an event in partnership with another organisation, your details may need to be shared.
You must inform West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity at the earliest possible opportunity if you have to cancel or withdraw from an organised activity due to any circumstances.
You must inform West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity at the earliest possible opportunity if you are struggling to fundraise where there is a minimum sponsorship target.
West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity reserves the right to ask you to cease fundraising at any time if West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity believe your fundraising is unsafe, unlawful or may cause harm to anyone or to West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity’s name or brand reputation.
Share this page