Patient care in our hospitals is really good, but we want to make it the very best possible. Every day brings new challenges at Hemel Hempstead, St Albans and Watford General hospital. By donating to West Herts Hospitals Appeal, you can help your local NHS hospital – you can help us respond quickly, as soon as the need arises.
Our hospitals depend on charitable support, and every day is a chance for you to make a difference. You could be helping to pay for something big – like a special piece of equipment or the refurbishment of a bereavement room. Equally, you could be supporting a small comfort that makes all the difference such as books and activities for poorly children, a clock for patients with dementia, or wellbeing support for our exhausted doctors and nurses. Whatever the need, we can help by working together.
How you can support your local NHS hospital
- £5 could buy a falls prevention kit – containing special slipper socks with a double non-slip tread, and a yellow blanket for the patient’s bed, so staff can easily identify those at higher risk of falling.
- £50 could buy a DAB radio – so staff and patients alike can keep up to date with the latest news, and listen to music on the wards.
- £170 could buy hearing enhancers – so patients rushed into hospital without their hearing aids can converse with medical staff
- £1,700 could pay for a fold out relatives pull out bed – so anxious relatives can stay alongside their loved one in hospital.
- £2,000 could pay for some beautiful wall artwork– providing much appreciated enhanced surroundings for patients and staff
Whether you choose to set up a regular gift or make a one-off donation, your support is guaranteed to be used where the need is greatest, wherever and whenever it arises. One day you and your loved ones might need critical care at your local NHS. Our NHS heroes are dedicated to making our hospitals the very best they can be. Will you help too?
"Charitable donations already make such a difference, but there's so much more we can do. Will you support our new appeal so that we have a ready source of income when we need help in a hurry? Our West Herts Hospitals Appeal is designed to ensure we have funds close at hand.” Tracey Carter, Chief Nurse