These Rules, together with any specific terms or conditions explained or notified by the Society as relevant to this lottery (whether displayed in promotional materials for this lottery or otherwise) apply to your participation in the Lottery.
- Lottery draw
- Defining a winner
- Players closing their account
The Lottery is promoted by Raise, West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Charity – UK Registered Charity Number 1052210. The Raise, West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Charity is licensed by Watford Borough Council – 23/00060/LOTTER to promote and operate the Lottery in accordance with the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005. Responsible person: Samantha Sherratt, Chief Executive, Raise, West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Charity.
The Society reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Lottery or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any such changes will be posted on our website before they take effect.
The Raise, West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Charity lottery is operated by The Fundraising Foundry Ltd, an External Lottery Manager (ELM) licensed by the Gambling Commission, account number 57455. The Fundraising Foundry is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12391987 and whose registered address is 157 Bedford Road, Letchworth Garden City, UK, SG6 4DY.
The Lottery is a weekly lottery in which players can win cash prizes of:
Entrants to the Lottery must be resident in Great Britain. It is not open to residents of Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. Entrants are required to provide to the Society their name, date of birth, address and email address. To enter the Lottery you must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. Any entrant found to be under 18 years of age at the time of entry automatically forfeits the right to any Prize and will have their stake refunded. Checks will be carried out to verify the age of participants. This may include references to credit agencies.
The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of the Society, which reserves the right to disqualify or decline to accept the entry of any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules or otherwise acted fraudulently. Ineligible entrants will not be entitled to receive a Prize, and any Prize awarded to an ineligible entrant may be revoked (if not received) or must be returned (if already received).
3. Lottery draw
The Draw process is based upon the results of the first six digits of a number drawn by a random number generator which is drawn every Saturday. The results are published on our website and are available at 17.45 GMT. The Winning Number for each weekly draw shall be the first six-digit number generated as follows:
- The Winning Number shall be the first six digits (in the same order) of the random number generator draw which takes place every Saturday.
In order to comply with the 2005 Gambling Act only those Chances for which payment has been received are eligible for entry into the Draw. In the event that the random number generator draw does not occur or is declared void on a single occasion then the Winning Number shall be determined in the same way but from an alternative method. Details of such an occurrence will be published on the Lottery website.
In the event that the Draw process below ceases to occur or is subject to fundamental change which prevents a Winning Number being selected then The Fundraising Foundry Limited reserves the right to select an alternative Draw process. Such an alternative Draw process would be selected on the basis that the basic principles of the Draw as described would continue and the basic principles of how winners would be selected would continue as described. Such changes will be published on the Lottery website.
The approximate winning probabilities are summarised below
(a) Six Number Match 1 in 1,000,000
(b) Five Number Match 1 in 55,556
(c) Four Number Match 1 in 5,556
(d) Three Number Match 1 in 556
The Lottery is held each week.
- A six-digit Game Number will be issued to entrants by post, mail or SMS.
- The six-digit Game Number is unique to each individual chance purchased.
- Tickets (entries) are £1 and can be purchased by Direct Debit or individual play.
- No participant may purchase more than 10 tickets in any week.
- All ticket (entry) sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time.
- Only tickets for which full payment has been received are eligible for entry.
- Direct Debit payments are taken one month in advance, and take a minimum of 14 days to process; you will be entered into the first available draw after the collection has been made from your bank account. You will be notified of your first draw date by email or post.
- Each week tickets purchased between 24:00:00 GMT on a Thursday and 23:59:59 GMT on the following Thursday shall be included in the draw that is held on the following Saturday. The Society shall decide whether or not an entry was received in time for inclusion in any lottery draw.
- Lost, delayed or incomplete entries (caused by corruption of data transmission or otherwise) will not be accepted and the Society does not take responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or not received for any reason.
- All participants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the Lottery does not guarantee that they will win any Prize.
5. Defining a winner
Prize winners will be determined by whether a player’s Game Number relating to an entry in the Lottery matches all or some of the Winning Number as described above and dependent that the entry relating to the Game Number in question complies with the Gambling Act 2005 regulation of payment already being received.
(a) If all six digits of the Game Number match the Winning Number in the same positions then this is a “6 Number Match”. e.g. if the Game Number is 123456 and the Winning Number is 123456 this is a “6 number match”
(b) If five digits of the Game Number match the first or last five digits of the Winning Number and their positions in the Game Number match their positions in the Winning Number then this is a “5 Number Match” e.g. if the Game Number is 123456 and the Winning Number is 123452 this is a “5 number match” as follows 12345X; if the Game Number is 123456 and the Winning Number is 523456 this is a “5 number match” as follows X23456
(c) If four digits of the Game Number match the first or last four digits of the Winning Number and their positions match then this is a “4 Number Match” e.g. if the Game Number is 123456 and the Winning Number is 123465 this is a “4 number match” as follows 1234XX; if the Game Number is 123456 and the Winning Number is 213456 this is a “4 number match” as follows XX3456
(d) If three digits of the Game Number match the first or last three digits of the Winning Number and their positions match then this is a “3 Number Match” e.g. if the Game Number is 123456 and the Winning Number is 123654 this is a “3 number match” as follows 123XXX; if the Game Number is 123456 and the Winning Number is 321456 this is a “3 number match” as follows XXX456
(a) For a 6 Number Match, the prize will be £25,000 to the player
(b) For a 5 Number Match, the prize will be £1,000
(c) For a 4 Number Match, the prize will be £100
(d) For a 3 Number Match, the prize will be £10
- Each Game Number shall only be entitled to win one prize in one Draw. The prize won will relate to the highest Number Match to which the Game Number matches.
- The results of each Draw will be published on this website
- The winning prize winners will be announced on our website
- Prize winners will be notified by email or post (using the details held by the Society or, if different, the details supplied by the entrant in his or her entry) within 28 days of the relevant draw date.
- The Society reserves the right to amend the prizes at any time. Any such changes will be published on the Website, at least one month prior to a change being made.
- Winners of prizes of £1,000 and under may collect their prizes in one of the following means
(a) by BACS
(b) by any other payment means that may become available to the participating Society
Prizes in excess of £1,000 shall be paid on behalf of the Participating Society to the Prize-winner by cheque or BACS.
We will make all reasonable efforts to identify and contact winners, however, if a prize winner fails (for whatever reason) to claim their Prize within 60 days of receipt of the Society’s notification, the ticket will expire and the Prize will be forfeited.
Entering this Lottery is a form of gambling. Entrants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Please read the Social Responsibility Guidelines. Our social responsibility policies cover our commitment to a fair and open draws policy and contain the procedures of how we handle players’ queries and complaints. It is our commitment to follow all guidelines for responsible gambling and best practice problem gambling procedures.
The Society cannot accept any liability (other than for death or personal injury or other liabilities that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded) for any damage, loss, costs, expenses or disappointment, whether direct or indirect, caused to or suffered by entrants in connection with this Lottery or as a result of entrants’ accepting or making use of any Prize. In particular, all entrants are solely responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating the Society with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the Society will be in no way be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided.
9. Players closing their account
If a player cancels their payments/account then they will continue to play in the lottery/draw whilst they have sufficient balance in their account to play, unless they specifically request that the balance be returned. If a player closes their account with less than £1 remaining, the remaining balance will be transferred to the Charity. If you would like any balances under £1 to be returned to you please email: email@example.com to make this request including your name, address, ticket number and contact details.
In the event of any dispute regarding the Lottery, if the dispute cannot be resolved by the parties within 90 days, it will be referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Limited, an independent third party.
These Rules and any non-contractual obligations connected to them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and, failing satisfactory resolution of any dispute in accordance with Dispute handling policy, the English and Welsh courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise under or in connection with them.
If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of those terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Play the lottery
- Lottery results
- Terms and conditions
- Lottery FAQs
- Social responsibility guidelines
- Direct debit guarantee
If you have any further questions about playing our weekly lottery, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07815 459037.