The charity can sometimes benefit from the help of volunteers with events, appeals, fundraising and administration.
More often however, we would want to link you with the Voluntary Services Team at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (WHHT). There are numerous ways to help out at all three hospital sites – in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead.
Hospital volunteers and COVID-19
WHHT have been relying heavily on volunteers to help staff cope with COVID-19. Learn more about the volunteer roles available by downloading and reading the COVID-19 Response Volunteer Role Description (PDF).
If you would like to volunteer, please complete the form on this page. You will receive an auto-acknowledgement and then the team will be in touch as soon as there are opportunities.
Volunteering at WHHT
Volunteering not only helps our hospitals hugely, but it can also help you. Volunteering will:
- add to your CV and provide opportunities for references
- broaden your experience in a working environment
- give you wonderful life experience
- allow you to meet some fantastic and diverse people
- strengthen your team working and communications skills
- make you feel good (really!)
You can read some of the stories and experiences of WHHT hospital volunteers here.
You can use our simple form to apply to become a WHHT hospital volunteer here.