Would you like to take on a personal physical challenge and support your local hospital charity at the same time?
There is a huge buzz to be had from achieving a physical goal such as running your first 5k run, or taking on a marathon or half-marathon. From massive iconic events such as The Great North Run, The Kiltwalk, or RideLondon, through to local sponsored walks, swimathons and cycle rides, everyone benefits.
- you get a massive buzz from the achievement
- you get fitter and healthier
- you experience camaraderie and great support
- your community thrives
- friends, family and colleagues get to support you
- Raise benefits from your donations and sponsorship
- your local hospital benefits from your efforts
We will publish organised opportunities here from time to time, but in the meantime if you secure a place yourself on any event, of any size, please consider raising sponsorship for Raise. We will support and publicise your fundraising work and together we will achieve some amazing things.
Hercules Festival of Sport – Your sweat, your pride, your hospitals!
In 2019 we were delighted to be chosen as the charity partner once again for the Hercules Festival of Sport at St Albans Verulamium Park on Sunday 22 September.
From a scootathon for the kids, a 5k and 10k for grown ups and a triathlon for the hardier amongst us, there was an event to suit every level of fitness. And, excitingly, this season saw a new Aquabike race composed of the swimming and cycling stages of a triathlon.
Taking part in this type of challenge means we can fund projects such as
- Buying new birthing equipment for our Alexandra Birthing Centre
- Refurbishing the treatment space for blood cancer patients
- Supporting anxious families with children in hospital
There are so many reasons to get involved – getting in shape, having fun with the family, enjoying the outdoors, and raising funds in appreciation of the care you or your loved ones have received at West Hertfordshire’s NHS hospitals.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org