Remembering Raise in your Will
A gift left in your Will to Raise to support the hospitals in West Hertfordshire will make a huge difference to improving patient care, so loved ones can receive the best treatment, delivered by the best staff, in the most modern facilities and with the most up-to-date equipment.
Since Raise was registered in 1995 we have supported hundreds of projects across our three hospitals. However, there is always work to do; by leaving us a donation in your Will, large or small, you could change the future for the thousands who use the NHS in West Hertfordshire.
Making a Will is very important anyway; not just so that you can remember a charity but for the following reasons too:
- You can ensure your family and friends are looked after financially
- Arrangements for your funeral and other wishes will be respected
- Leaving a gift to charity can reduce the inheritance tax your family pays
- You can name an Executor, someone you trust, to deal with your affairs
- Sentimental items can be distributed according to your wishes
- Without a Will, administering your estate can become complex and in some cases, may pass to the state
Types of gift
There are three different types of legacy you could leave us once you have provided for your family and friends.
1. A residuary gift is a percentage of the remainder of your estate once other gifts and expenses have been settled
2. A pecuniary gift is a specified cash sum. Due to inflation the value of a pecuniary legacy is eroded over time, so you may like to consider index-linking this type of gift
3. A specific legacy is where a donor leaves us a defined non-cash gift such as property, stocks and shares, or a personal item
Take legal advice; it is best to speak to a solicitor or qualified Will-writer. If you (or your solicitor or Will-writer) need any further information about the charity please email email@example.com.
A gift can be included as you make a new Will.
A gift can also be made simply by adding a codicil, an amendment to an existing will. An example codicil form can be downloaded from this link.
It would help us to know your intentions if you are thinking of leaving a gift in your Will. This will allow the trustees of the charity to plan ahead and allow us to say thank you properly. Leaving a legacy is a very personal and important decision; rest assured that any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential.
Heckford Norton solicitors
Heckford Norton solicitirs have agreed special arrangements for Will-writing for NHS staff and families.
This includes a discounted fee and a donation by the practice to Raise. There is no obligation to leave a legacy to Raise if you use this service.