This year your hospital charity, Raise, is taking part in The Big Give Christmas Challenge for the very first time in 2020.
The Big Give is the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign, matching people who make pledges with donors later on. Everyone sees the impact of their donation doubled, and Raise benefits more than ever from your generosity.
We want to raise vital funds to boost our support for Hemel Hempstead, St Albans City and Watford General Hospitals.
We are currently at Stage 1 of the programme
Stage 1 – Your Big Give Pledges
Right now we need you – our key supporters – to make promises of funding, called ‘pledges’, which will then be used to match funds and double online donations made to the charity during Stage 2 of the campaign – The Big Give Christmas Challenge – in December.
Your commitment might also help us to secure additional match funds via a Champion at The Big Give. Champions are philanthropists who are supporting the broader campaign.
We are aiming to collect a total of £1,250 in pledges to take part in the Christmas Challenge.
Can you help? Please consider making a pledge of £100 to help us reach our target?
If you would be willing to make a pledge to support us, you can do so by completing the simple online form by the deadline of 5pm on Friday 28th August:
Stage 2 – The Big Give Christmas Challenge
The Big Give Christmas Challenge helps us raise funds for our projects by using pledges to double donations made when the campaign goes live on 1st December. You can find full details of TBG Christmas Challenge and how your pledge will enable us to be part of the UK’s largest matched funding programme at https://www.thebiggive.org.uk.
Research shows that 84% of donors are more likely to give in a match funding campaign and that donations are on average 2.5 times bigger so we’re very excited about taking part.
How does it work?
- The matching pots used to double donations made in the Christmas Challenge are made up of a combination of funds. These are funds sourced by the charity (your pledges) and funds sourced by a Big Give ‘Champion’ which are available if we are successfully selected by a Champion.
- Your pledge, if successfully matched, is paid to use between 9th December 2020 and 15th January 2021.
- Us drawing on your pledge is conditional on us receiving appropriate online donations during the campaign period of 1st December to 8th December.
- You will only be required to pay a pro-rata amount of your pledge if we don’t hit our online target – it’s our guarantee to you that we are committed to raising additional donations.
- If you pledge to Raise at Stage 1, you will not be able to make an online donation to us in December (Stage 2) because your pledge will be used to match these donations.
- Learn more about how it all works by watching this short video