Accessibility and participation
1. All participants must be aged 18 or over, unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (in this case, a minimum age of 14 then applies) on the event date. The parent or guardian must complete a Parental Consent Form prior to the event.
2. By registering for this event, you are acknowledging that you have a reasonable level of mobility and have consulted with your doctor in advance if you are unsure or have any medical conditions which could impact your participation. You are required to complete a medical form before the event.
3. The weight restriction for this event is 18 stone. If you are at, approaching or over this weight, please get in touch and we will discuss the possibility of participation with the events company.
4. Whilst every effort is made to ensure our events are accessible, this cannot always be achieved. To access the rooftop at the YMCA Watford, you will need to climb approx 174 steps to floor 11. If this could affect you, please get in touch before registration to discuss.
1. You must pay a non-refundable registration fee to secure your place in the event.
2. If you are unable to participate in the event, due to illness or in any other circumstance you must inform us in writing as soon as possible. Any monies raised will be non-refundable and will be treated as a donation to West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity. If you inform us within one week of your registration, then your remaining sponsorship will not need to be paid. If you inform us after one week of registering, then your remaining sponsorship will still be owed.
3. Should you wish to transfer your place to another person you must get in touch to discuss whether this is possible.
Minimum sponsorship target
1. By registering for this challenge, you are pledging to raise the minimum sponsorship (not including Gift Aid) for West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity and understand that it is the aim of this challenge to raise as much as possible for your hospitals.
2. You must have fundraised and banked at least 75% of the target one week before the event date. If you cannot meet this target, then your place may be forfeited unless you make up the balance yourself. The remaining amount must be paid in no later than four weeks after the event date. If your team has not transferred the full amount owing at this point, you will be invoiced for any remaining amount outstanding.
3. If at any point you feel unable to raise the pledged amount, you must inform your West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity immediately so that they can offer assistance with fundraising.
4. You understand that your West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity contact may ask for a fundraising plan at any point after event registration.
1. The money you raise will help patients and staff in our three hospitals: Hemel Hempstead Hospital, St Albans City Hospital and Watford General Hospital, wherever the need is greatest.
2. You will need to adhere to any fundraising guidance or advice issued by West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity in the General Fundraising Terms & Conditions available on the West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals Charity website and abide by the Code of Fundraising Practice issued by the Fundraising Regulator.
1. Photos and video will be taken on the day and shared afterwards, and we may use these images for promotion of future events. Whilst we do our best to ensure there is a photo of everyone, we cannot guarantee this. There will be plenty of opportunities for friends and family to take pictures of you. If you would prefer not to have your picture taken, please let us know on the day.
In the event of cancellation or postponement
1. If the event is cancelled or postponed, we will transfer your place to a new date for the event.
2. If you are unable to make the new date for the event your registration fee and any monies raised will be non-refundable.
If you’d like to find out more before you sign up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org